The Oklahoma Muslims Care campaign is a program designed to facilitate volunteer opportunities for Oklahoma Muslims to partake in that will show their pride in their state through giving back to individuals and communities in need.
Below is a list of Oklahoma Muslims Care activities from 2013 – 2014.
Moore Tornado Relief
- May 21-22, 2013
- CAIR Oklahoma was one of the first faith-based organizations to respond to the community devastation that took place during the deadly tornado outbreak in the spring of 2013
- CAIR-OK staff and over 100 committed volunteers collected and donated over 2 tons of needed supplies and water in the storms’ immediate aftermath
Regional Food Bank
- July 27, 2013
- Whether you are packing boxes of food that will end up on the kitchen table of a family struggling with hunger, tending a row of tomato plants that will end up in the salad bar at a Kids Café site for inner city children, or distributing bags of food to seniors living on fixed incomes, it all makes a difference in the lives of our Oklahoma neighbors.
- Over 150 dedicated volunteers showed up for the inaugural Oklahoma Muslims Care campaign
Habitat for Humanity
- October 5, 2013
- Come join CAIR Oklahoma and Oklahoma Muslim Youth as we reach out to the local community and give back by volunteering our time with Habitat for Humanity of Oklahoma.
- Youth volunteers joined CAIR Oklahoma staff and Board Chair for this day of giving
- January 27, 2014
- As the Sooner State’s leading Muslim advocacy organization, CAIR Oklahoma staff joined the Jewish Disaster Response Corps’ rebuilding efforts for Moore and shared Muslim-styled southern hospitality to the New York University student/volunteers
American Red Cross Oklahoma City and Tulsa Blood Drive
- June 6 (OKC); June 13 (Tulsa), 2014
- CAIR Oklahoma is teaming up with the American Red Cross to hold a blood drive at the Islamic Society of Greater Oklahoma City on June 6, 2014. The drive will take place from 3:00 pm to 7:00 pm in the extension of the Islamic Society Mosque. This is a part of CAIR Oklahoma’s ongoing campaign to encourage Oklahoma Muslims to give back to our community and show Oklahoma Muslims Care.
MYLS 2014 Oatmeal Challenge
- June 20, 2014
- Over 55 Muslim Youth Leadership Symposium (MYLS) attendees answered the ‘Oatmeal Challenge’ during CAIR Oklahoma’s 6th annual youth leadership program.
- Attendees between the ages of 17-25 donated more than 1,000 packets of instant oatmeal for Feed the Children’s Summer Food program
- The donation will help feed food-insecure, school-aged children in Oklahoma during the Summer Break
Dinner Service at City Rescue Mission
- July 26, 2014
- Join CAIR Oklahoma and interfaith partners in serving dinner to the less fortunate at City Rescue Mission
Habitat for Humanity
- August 30, 2014
- Check back for more details!