COVID-19 Community Resources and Updates
CAIR Oklahoma is working to keep our community up-to-date on resources related to the COVID-19 pandemic for Oklahomans. If there are any resources available that we should feature, please email us at email@example.com.
Grants & Financial Assistance
LaunchGood Emergency Response Campaign
100% of fundraising proceeds from this campaign will be used to support struggling low-income families who are impacted by this crisis. Though this is a Muslim-led campaign, we welcome friends of all faiths to contribute (all donations are tax-deductible).
Penny Appeal USA
Penny Appeal USA is an independent non-governmental 501 (c) (3) organization. We are inviting those economically affected by COVID-19 to apply for our COVID19 Financial Hardship Grant. Successful applicants will be awarded a grant for use towards food, bills and any uncovered living expenses as a result of quarantine and/or work and school closures.
The US State Department on Thursday warned American citizens not to travel abroad due to the coronavirus pandemic, issuing the highest possible level of travel advisory. The Level 4: Do Not Travel advisory "advises U.S. citizens to avoid all international travel due...
Gov. Stitt announced Thursday that the Oklahoma Tax Commission approved an order to allow Oklahomans to defer paying their tax bills to the state due to the COVID-19 outbreak. Oklahomans will still be expected to to file their state return by April 15, but they will...
klahoma Gas and electric, OG&E, has announced they will be suspending all non-payment customer disconnects for the next 30 days. The decision means the company will not shut off power for customers who cannot pay their bills. OG&E said in a tweet they made the...
Surayya Anne Foundation OKC
Surayya Anne Foundation OKC has been keeping an eye on the current Covid-19 situation. Given the population we service and our desire to adhere to the needs and the health directions we are altering our services as follows:
- Diapers – Tuesday and Thursday only 11 to 2pm – do not bring your child- we will take your application outside to avoid closed and close contact while still providing services.
- Utility/Eviction Applications – on hold until the first Tuesday and Wednesday of April as we are out of funds for March. (This is a result of increase of need and not a result of the covid-19)
- Referral Services – request for referrals to Oklahoma State Services will be handled via phone. Our phone hours will be extended until 3:30 (instead of 2pm)
- Food Bank – Client Choice has been suspended until further notice. Prepared bags will be handed out at the door Thursday and Sundays only from 12pm to 2pm as supplies last on a first come first serve based. Your address is eligible for food every 2 weeks
- Street Meal – suspended until further notice.
More than ever we are dedicated to serving those around us, especially in this difficult time. We are asking our volunteers to be patient as we reduce the numbers in an effort to keep everyone safe and healthy.
We will keep you updated on when we plan to return to our usual process.
Surayya Anne OKC operates out of the Mercy Mission Building located at 3840 N. St Clair, Oklahoma City, OK 73112.
Islamic Society of Tulsa
Surayya Anne Foundation Tulsa
The Surayya Anne Foundation Needs Longer-Term Emergency Financial Support for Low Income Oklahoman’s! There is no bigger economic and medical crisis than what our nation is currently facing. With the recent changes in social distancing rules, quarantine measures and business closings, many Oklahoman’s have lost their jobs and income.
Since 2008, The Surayya Anne Foundation has been working to assist Tulsa Families and individuals in crisis achieve sustainable independence.
Our Mission has not stopped: We are asking the Oklahoma community to step up and help us meet the needs of not only our current clients, but also Tulsa area residents who are facing an additional economic hardships due to COVID-19. By donating to our online campaign you will help Surayya Anne continue our vision to eliminate homelessness and poverty, while also empowering families and individuals to achieve and maintain the independence and stability.
We are also coordinating with local resources such as the Islamic Society of Tulsa food bank and Khan Ohana Foundation.
Visit http://www.surayyaannefoundation.org for more info.
Mercy Food Pantry OKC
- You are welcome to visit the pantry every 2 weeks – unless there is a free day or other wise told.
- We do not hold spots – please take the first box offered to you, we would like to keep people moving.
- We are not allowing anyone in the building at this time. We want to keep with the policy of social distancing for all concerns.
- You must be present to get your food (especially during this time we are only able to serve those in site)
- We are not able to serve children (under the age of 18 without an adult unless previously approved for individually based reasons by Manager or Director only)
- During the time of Covid-19 actions we will not have client choice. All boxes or bags may or may not be the same and WILL NOT be traded for a different box.
- All items are first come first serve and are donated. Due to the non gathering policy we will begin serving boxes as soon as we are set up (as early at 11:15) and will end at 2pm or as soon as all supplies are gone.
Islamic Society of Greater Oklahoma City
What in God’s Name: Part One, The Merciful
What in God’s Name: Part Two, 100%
What in God’s Name: Part Three, The 1%
Islamic Society of Tulsa
Social Media Resources
Oklahoma Mutual Aid: Facebook Group
This is a page started by concerned community members, with the aim of providing a space for people to name needs they have in the face of COVID-19 and for folks to gather together in community to offer direct services, financial support, and policy solutions.