Fields marked with an * are required
CAIR-Oklahoma seeks your help in honoring an Oklahoma Muslim
2016 Oklahoma Muslim of the Year Recipient: Aliye Shimi
serving his or her community and the state. Please take a few moments to help nominate someone who inspires you to receive CAIR-OK's Oklahoma Muslim of the Year Award (See the 2016 Oklahoma Muslim of the Year Recipient). This reward comes as a result of nominations solicited from the Oklahoma Muslim community. The award will be presented to a person who has exhibited significant, measurable impact and has demonstrated accomplishments over the last 12 months that add to the fabric of Oklahoma by inspiring and empowering others. The award will be presented on Saturday, April 1, 2017, at our 11th Annual Banquet.
To be eligible to receive the award, the nominee must:
- demonstrate exemplary service to the country, the state, and the community at large, based on Islamic values
- make significant contributions on a local or statewide scale
- be able to attend the banquet
- and reside in Oklahoma.
- Nominees can contribute to the community in any field, as long as it does not conflict with Islamic principles.
- Nominations must be submitted by 5pm on March 17, 2017.
- Each person may make only one nomination.
- You must submit the name, role, affiliated organization, and contact information for the nominee, in addition to a statement outlining the the measurable contributions made by this individual in the last 12 months.
- Nominations will not be considered for current CAIR-OK employees or board members (part-time or full-time) or for their immediate family members.
- Nominations will not be considered for posthumous awards.
- The Oklahoma Muslim of the Year will be selected by an internal review committee made up of an odd number of CAIR-OK board members and staff.
- The decision will take into account many factors, including but not limited to:
- Number of nominations submitted for an individual
- Uniqueness of contribution
- Measurable outcomes
- Whether or not this individual has received previous recognition for their achievements.
- Preference will be given to "unsung heroes" and individuals who have not previously been recognized in a formal setting.
- The winner will be announced at the 11th Annual Banquet on April 1, 2017.